Advice for Freshman Year Me.

I am currently a Junior here at South Alabama. You could say I'm a veteran of campus-life at this point. When I look back to scared freshman baby me, I see just how much I have grown. I have come a long way since then and I am super proud of it. I may have had a rough start, but boy did I learn a thing or two about adulting.

The first piece of advice I would give myself is, Don't worry so much. Everything will work out in the end. You have to be willing to allow certain doors to close so others may open. If I wouldn't have done that then so many things in my life currently would have never happened. Seeing it now, if I would have been more open to change freshman year, so many more opportunities would have shown. I am glad I finally jumped out of my comfort zone to try all the new things campus has to offer. Even if it did take some time to get comfortable doing so, that's okay.

Another piece I would give myself is, Stop being so hard on yourself. You can only do the best you can do and if you are doing that then you're doing great sweetie. It's okay to make mistakes as long as they don't become habits. We're all learning here and I think that is what I love the most about South. As long as you take responsibility and learn from the mistakes you have done, everything will be okay.

Image result for it'll all work out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite places on campus to study.

It's Spring Time at South!